The I.S.L.E - Association for Innovation, Teaching and Promoting Sustainable Development in Life Sciences, Applied Sciences and Social Sciences in Europe and worldwide was founded in June 2012.
Tthe aims of the I.S.L.E Association are to create and maintain a network of European universities and non-European research institutions, Non-Governmental Organizations, businesses, other organizations or individuals involved in the implementation of sustainable development and its promotion in their activities.
The I.S.L.E Association will achieve these aims by:
- Organizing conferences, topical meetings, seminars etc. on subjects related to the goals of the Association;
- Creating and disseminating knowledge through books, written documents or periodicals, educational materials, websites or other digital means including designing and maintaining a website or a platform distance learning;
- Proposing expert advice, and carrying out technical or scientific missions.
The I.S.L.E Association Administrative Board, of 5 to 7 people, makes the major decisions concerning the activities of the Association. The Board appoints the I.S.L.E Association Committee (4 members of the 5/7 Admin Board) which is responsible for implementing decisions of the Board. In addition to the Committee members, (see below), the Board comprises administrators who may occupy specific "delegate" functions such as:
- Communication : dealing with the Association's external communication strategy (website, , information posters, mailing
- Logistics: dealing with the travel logistics of members (AGM, participation in conferences etc.
- Managing partnerships: dealing with finding and negotiating with partners
- Publications: dealing with writing articles on behalf of the association, to find funding for it, etc.
For more infomation contact