ICA’s vision is to enhance our members’ success in the international market place, in Europe and globally, by providing a supportive environment to share experience, to cooperate in new ventures, and to benefit from the resulting synergy.
ICA’s core purpose, operating at the professional, organisational and political level, is to promote and support European universities focuing on the life sciences.
In fulfilling this purpose, our mission is to:
- stimulate and support our member institutions in the life sciences in the development of a European dimension in education, research and innovation through the elaboration of joint actions and global engagement,
- support networking in the life sciences to share expertise and understanding, and in doing so facilitate change, and
- represent the general interest of our members at the European level and globally.
Our Operational Objectives
In fulfilling this mission ICA will support its members by:
- Objective 1: support the enhancement of ICA's members’ capacity in education, research and innovation through active networking and through conferences with ICA’s stakeholders in government, industry, NGOs and civil society
- Objective 2: represent and promote the general interest of European life science universities in education, research and innovation in Europe and globally. In doing so ICA will collaborate in joint activities, conferences and projects to defend this interest of ICA’s members
- Objective 3: through the ICA-Edu network, support lecturers to be innovative in their teaching and their students learning
- Objective 4: act as the umbrella organization in support of the actions and initiatives of different disciplines and horizontal networks through ICA’s collaboration with the ICA's Standing Committees
- Objective 5: will identify and develop services for its members
- Objective 6: secure resources (human and financial) to reach these objectives